Please explore our current opportunities and apply for suitable roles using our vacancy registration form:
Assistant Lifecycle Manager
Home-based, but with reasonable travel to projects and offices when required.
Competitive Package + Benefits
Following a strategic decision by Dalmore Capital (“Dalmore”) to establish a dedicated MSA provider for its portfolio, Resolis Limited (“Resolis”) was formed in early 2021. Resolis’ objective is to provide management services on PFI/PPP assets where Dalmore has equity participation via its various managed funds.
Dalmore Capital is an independent fund management company that provides institutional investors with access to long-term investment opportunities in, predominantly, UK-based PPP infrastructure assets. The firm manages over £5.0 billion of capital and its funds have invested in c.130 infrastructure assets through discretionary and co-investment vehicles.
An investment in a PPP asset is structured through a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), which is used to contract with all parties involved. Services provided include:
- Operational & contract management
- Accounting, company secretarial, financial modelling and tax
- Counterparty liaison & management
- Lifecycle management
Resolis is looking to recruit an Assistant Lifecycle Manager to oversee core and additional lifecycle management activities across a wide-ranging portfolio of PFI projects throughout the UK. Projects cover one or more of the following sectors: health; education; blue light; custodial; government; defence; and roads.
Reporting to the Associate Director (or Senior Lifecycle Manager/Lifecycle Manager) for Asset Services, the successful candidate will deliver technical support offered centrally to SPV management teams and Directors.
- With support, ensure lifecycle plans submitted by FM providers are credible and deliverable, assessing the overall impact on the SPV risk profile and variance from the concession length financial model.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to SPV managers on lifecycle applications from FM providers, reviewing for cost-effectiveness, contractual compliance, and technical effectiveness.
- Monitoring of lifecycle delivery (both planned and reactive) across operational projects.
- Support finance colleagues to prepare all required financial reports (including, but not limited to production of annual budgets and other routine reporting requirements) related to lifecycle expenditure.
- Assist in preparing reports in line with contractual obligations, SPV Board requirements and good industry practice including Lifecycle reviews and analysis, spend tracking, modelling, and re-basing.
- Assist in undertaking lifecycle cost modelling and analysis to develop bespoke model solutions and detailed replacement strategies to meet the needs of the Project Company or client.
- With support, develop and promote portfolio-wide initiatives and direct procurement opportunities to enhance value for shareholders.
- Ensure all health and safety requirements (including CDM obligations) are considered in the planning and delivery of variation and lifecycle works.
- Assist in the delivery of Additional Services on MSA projects as required to meet the needs of the project board.
- With support, calculate lifecycle variations on behalf of the project board.
- To promote and develop best practices within the business and to enhance the quality of service/business reputation.
- Add value by proactively seeking opportunities which generate efficiencies for Resolis and Dalmore.
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Project Company Board of Directors considering the nature of the role.
The above list of duties is not to be considered exhaustive and may be varied from time to time to enhance/develop the offering to the company’s client base.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree level qualification (or qualified by experience) in construction/FM background.
- Knowledge of asset management principles.
- Working knowledge of managing PFI Projects in the operational phase.
- Technical background, including knowledge of CDM requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of H&S Regulations.
- Understanding of project finance in the PFI arena. (Desirable)
- Experience in dealing with project investors & lenders in PFI. (Desirable)
- Strong risk management credentials. (Desirable)
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work under pressure in a time-sensitive environment.
- Self-motivated, capable of working without supervision and as part of a team.
- Commercially astute.
- Ability to prioritise/organise workload.
- Capable of building strong, professional client relationships.
- Able to analyse information quickly and efficiently, choose or recommend from a range of options.
- Home-based, but with reasonable travel to projects and offices when required.
- Job Type: Permanent, full-time.
- Salary & Benefits: Competitive compensation, with benefits including generous leave, pension, life and income protection insurance, private medical insurance and others.